Wednesday, December 21, 2005

.: Narnia :.

Sometimes it's funny what God shows you at 1:30 in the morning. I can't sleep, due to some horrible dreams that have taken place in my mind the past few nights, including tonight. I am constantly reminded of things that I wish never happened. Even so, they did happen and God is sovereign. Nicole and I want to see the Chronicles of Narnia last night and when we came home, our front door was open...nothing was missing and no one was inside, but it was rather unnerving, as Nicole is sure she locked the door when she left. So someone was in our house...there's one of my biggest fears coming true. So tonight I am sitting here and I keep thinking about that movie. Those kids were in danger throughout most of it, and yet they knew that ultimately Aslan would protect them and things would be okay. It wasn't the first time I have heard the story but e gads and little fishes, the parallel of Aslan/Jesus and all the other Biblical references really hit me hard. It pretty much took a children's story for me to realize yes, God lets bad things happen, but ultimately He has it all under control. Aslan knew better than the witch what would happen through his sacrifice and for cryin in the night, if a fairy tale character can be wise enough to see further and outsmart the enemy, how much wiser must Jesus be? So with that realization in mind, I am going back to bed now. Hopefully my dreams will be filled with better things.

No comments: