Monday, March 20, 2006

.: First Day of Spring :.

"It was said that people are often content to stay in the city making mud pies, when God wants to take them to the seashore to make sandcastles. I hope I'm not one of those people."

-C.S. Lewis

I love this quote. So often we sell ourselves short when we really need to remember whose image we were created in. Today I read a story by Max Lucado at work (may I just say that I love working in a bookstore?). The main character, Punchinello, is sad because the Wemmicks don't like him and put dots on him. He goes back to the toy maker and asks what is wrong with him. His creator simply tells him that he is wonderful in his eyes. He made no mistake when he made Punchinello. It's so comforting to know that this is how God feels about us. He knew what He was doing, and God doesn't make mistakes. As Mr. Lewis points out, sometimes we cannot see past our current surroundings. Mudpies can be great sometimes. However, we are failing to realize that God has created something even better for us to enjoy, the sandcastles. "Don't let the good get in the way of the best." I don't know who said that, but I think they have the right idea. Always remember that God sees the big picture, so what seems like a bad situation or failure right now just might be a stepping stone for what's to come.

So I suppose that's the end of my ramblings for today. God Bless.

No comments: