Sunday, July 22, 2007

.: Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream... :.

I am definitely "high on emotion" right now... I really can't believe that this morning, I woke up in my bed in my room at my home in the Nile.

As a communication studies major, I have taken multiple classes about how people interact with other people. Part of the way it all goes down lies in how we form a sense of identity... in many cases, where people are from (aka hometown) plays a major role in identity & therefore, how they relate to each other.

Last night I realized I will forever be a "Nile Girl." I can't really describe what this means; you either get it or you don't. Nile Girls understand their role in almost every aspect of life, as long as we remember that we are indeed Nile Girls, and think to ourselves, "how would a Nile Girl handle this?" That train of thought is so incredibly helpful when attempting to make decisions (which, as we all know, I am not that great at). I wish I could say there was a rulebook or manual to follow to make this easier, thank the good Lord for grace!

It blows my mind to think that last night I was surrounded by some of the closest friends I have ever had (not all, of course, but a good majority)... and the crazier part was that they were from all different times in my life and yet it all came full circle and tied in on ONE DAY. From the Merritts, Fikes and Williams, who I don't even remember meeting because we were so young, to friends I met throughout the years (the entire Simmons family, the Forsmans, the Harris', Brandon, Phil, Shane and a bunch of Nile folk) - in high school to friends Nicole & I met in college - and the ones that were there every step of the way (Frieds, Medranos, Lawsons, McIlroys...).

All this is to say that I'm feeling very satisfied and very worn out at the same time.

No comments: