Wednesday, June 21, 2006

.: Psalm 22 :.

Psalm 22

This morning at Bible study we got into a very interesting discussion about ... well, all kinds of things, but the part that really made me think was when we were talking about God turning His back on Jesus when He was on the cross... "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Mark 15:34) Jesus was a traditional Jewish teacher, a Rabbi in every sense of the word. Back in the day, they didn't have Bible references such as Mark 15:34. Instead, they would quote the first line of the passage they were referring to and people would automatically know what they were referencing. Now what is interesting about this is Psalm 22. It starts off by saying, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" It goes on in verses 16-18 to describe the events that took place that day, piercing the hands and feet and casting lots for clothes, all things that didn't actually happen to Daniel but were actually a prophecy. I just thought that was interesting. Maybe Jesus wasn't saying that God actually turned his back, but was trying to comfort his mother and others who were watching? Esta posible...

No comments: