Monday, September 19, 2005

.: Peace, yo :.

Ok so tonight I was looking for a verse that I really cannot get out of my head...you know, like you know one line of a song but can't remember the rest or what it's called or who it's by? Yeah it was sort of like that. So I did what any college genius would do - I Googled it. Google is an amazing thing, really....put quotes around anything and you're sure to find where that saying is from. Ok now back to the point, which is God. The line I had been searching for was "let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts" and is found in Colossians 3:15. I have been praying that God will calm my heart and give me peace a lot lately, about various things...and I thought this passage was a good reminder of how to keep our priorities in check and helps give us the peace that we are after. Just before this verse, Paul instructs us on how to treat others, telling us to be compassionate, kind, humble, meek, and patient. He tells us to bear with each other and forgive each other, and above all to love each other. Then he says, "and let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts...and be thankful." This sounds like a pretty good set of instructions for a peaceful life...Paul tells us what qualities to attain, the result (peace), and then reminds us to be thankful to God who makes it all work out. It's amazing how God makes things work out just as they should. And that my friends, is why we can have peace...He's got it all under control.

No comments: